Whether B2B or B2C, every industry is able to leverage on social media for their business. As people spend more time on social media online, ad dollars into social networking sites have also been increasing. That is why businesses need to always be ahead of the curve. If your competitor is already on board, you have much catching up to do!
And if you were thinking that visitors will first go to your site for information about your company… Omniture proves you wrong as they share the value of what social media brings.
Where Do Consumers Get Information?
- More people turn to social media websites first for opinions.
After all, which is more believable? Customers talk about their purchase or a company talking about its own products?
- Also, company websites are useful and will be
Valuable information like financial reports for investors, whitepapers, technical information are still more credible coming from companies themselves
What is Social Media Good For?
- Social media is great for building brand awareness and reputation
Leverage on the opportunity to build relationships with consumers. After all, we’re talking about social media.
- Having your business on social media sites improves search engine ranking & generates traffic
- not as effective for generating leads and sales (but not all the time! Dell generated millions with Twitter.)
How Social Media Complements Marketing Tactics
- Social media works hand in hand with search engine optimisation (SEO)
Don’t ignore meta tags that help to identify your content as they will help to drive traffic to your site.
- More effective in digital marketing than paired with offline marketing
What Are You Waiting For?Have you had similar results or does your social media effort contradict the findings? Is Facebook or Twitter more effective for your business? Leave a comment below!
Source : www.penn-olson.com